Sunday, August 28, 2011

7 Links Game and Awards

Hello Friends!

Today’s post is nothing to do with any new recipe…It’s about an interesting game – The 7 Links Game. I was tagged by Shobha of Good Food. She has such a lovely space with very healthy and innovative recipes. Please to check out her space. Now coming to the game:
The blogger who is tagged in this game has to choose the most apt posts from his/her blog and provide links for the following categories:

1. The most beautiful post
2. The most popular post
3. The most controversial post
4. The most helpful post
5. The post that was surprisingly successful
6. The post that did not get the attention it deserved
7. The post I am most proud of

Then the blogger needs to publish these with a brief write up as to why they have chosen it. Finally the blogger has to tag 5 other bloggers who would continue this interesting game of 7 Links.

Now that my space has around 80 recipes, this game gave me a chance to revisit my older posts. It just brought back some good memories as to how this blog came into being in the first place. The story for later though.Now let’s get with the job at hand:

The most beautiful post: Thenga Podi/Coconut Powder<

I took a lot of time photographing this Podi and this especially close to my heart because it is the first picture that got selected in the Kitchen Artistry. I was elated.

The most popular post: Peanut Chutney

This post has got the maximum number of hits till date. This is also chutney which I keep making very frequently and it is a family favorite.

The most controversial post: I don’t think I have one

The most helpful post: Karadayan Nonbu Adai

I had posted this just 2 days before the festival, so that it would be of help to the beginners. And I think it did help many.

The post that was surprisingly successful: Barley Coconut Milk Payasam

This is recipe is kind of innovated by me. Though we all loved it. I really did not expect that it would be so well appreciated. One of blogger friends even tried it out and has posted it her space.

The post that did not get the attention it deserved: Navarathri Pulinkari

I really spent a long time writing this post. It is one of my longest posts and is one of favorite traditional recipe. I thought it deserved more.

The post I am most proud of: Rasagulla

Rasagulla was something which I never imagined I would try making at home. And the first time I tried I got it very right. I kind of liked the clicks as well. I have followed this same procedure and made it 3 to 4 times now and the recipe never fails me.

Now coming to the next part of the game, selecting 5 blogger friends:

Shylaja of South Indian Home

Jay of Tasty Appetite

Sravani of Srav’s Culinary Concepts

Vidhya of Sugar N Spice

Khusi of A Girl’s Diary

Hope you guys will participate. Waiting to see your posts.

Now to the Awards

Jay of Tasty Appetite has showered me with these beautiful awards.



Jay is a great blogger, blogging for around 2 years now. She has a wide range of recipes to choose from. Please do visit her space. Thanks Jay for thinking of me. An award always makes you feel honored.

I would like to pass on these awards as a token of recognition to a few of my friends. Now here is the toughest part of choosing a few among so many good friends..

1. Shobha
2. Suhasini
3. Priya
4. Priya Sreeram
5. Priya Mahadevan
6. Reshmi Mahesh
7. Sangee Vijay
8. Premalatha Aravindan
9. Anu

Thanks for reading through this lengthy post guys!

14 comments:

Sangeetha M said...

It's nice to see your seven links ...very apt post for the titles :) congratz for your well deserved awards n thanx a bunch for sharing it with me also ...

Priya Sreeram said...

loved reading abt the 7 posts and kaveri thank you for remembering me to pass on ur award- cheers !

Unknown said...

Kaveri, These are wonderful awards and richly deserved :) Congrats. Feel honored that you are sharing it with me :) thanks a bunch! love, Priya

Unknown said...

Dear Kaveri,

Thank you so much for sharing this awards and for being so generous....very happy for u too!

Anu
http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/diwali-festival-of-lights-event-aug.html

Food Glorious Food! said...

WOW!! Great Great links! Congrats dear and have a great week ahead!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow wonderful links, anyhow i love all ur recipes..Thanks for sharing the awards with me Kaveri,am honoured dear..

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Hey loved the links...A lovely game...Congrats on the well deserved awards dear and thanks soooo much for passing it to me...will collect it soon...

Vidhya said...

Congrats on the awards.Loved your links and write up.And a big thank you for passing on this lovely game.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow..wonderful links...great post kaveri..:)
thanks for tagging me in this interesting game..!
love,
Jay
Tasty Appetite

Suhasini said...

Hey its very encouraging and interesting game.It motivates your co bloggers.
First time Iam seeing a pulav made with moong dhal

aipi said...

Congrats dear n all the links/posts are great, love your recipes!
US Masala

Sobha Shyam said...

Congrats on ur awards. Thanks a lot for passing it to me :). Loved ur simple write up, all the recipes are wonderful and apt for each category.

Unknown said...

Congrats Kaveri on awards and tag, it was great knowing your thoughts on your own posts :)

Prema said...

Love to read that 7 posts,very intresting game dear...Thank u so much kaveri for sharing the awards with me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...