Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cheesy Corn Pasta




My daughter loves noodles and pasta. She would love to have it every other day. But I am really not in favor of the instant noodles that are available in the markets. But even then, I have to give in to my daughter’s demands (read - tantrums) many a times.

Though pastas have been available in the Indian markets since a very long time, I was introduced to this only very recently. But I never ventured into making it at home. Then one day, my daughter had this Maggi’s instant pasta and was addicted to it. That’s when I thought it’s high time for me to start experimenting with this ingredient. But the first few times I made, it was a failure, either the pasta would get overcooked or it would be only half cooked or sometimes the sauce would’nt be right. My daughter continued to like the Maggi instant pasta. That’s when I saw this recipe in Priya’s space, with whom I have been paired for this week’s blog hop. I decided to try it out and believe me; my daughter loved it and has asked me to make it again very soon. The pictures are terrible though, but you have to take my word on how delicious it was. I will soon update these pictures with better ones, since I will definitely have to make it again many more times for my daughter. Please find the original recipe here.

What you’ll need

1.       Pasta (any variety) – 2 cups
2.       Sweet corn nibbles – ½ cup or more (boiled)

For the sauce

1.       Garlic – I clove
2.       Butter – 2 tsp
3.       All purpose flour/ Maida – 1 tbsp
4.       Milk - 1 ½ cups
5.       Cheese – 2 small cubes (I used Amul cheese)
6.       Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
7.       Oregano – a big pinch
8.       Pepper powder – ½ tsp
9.       Salt to taste





Method

1.       Cook the pasta as per the instruction on the packet. Drain and refresh with cold water, drain again and keep aside. Add the boiled sweet corn nibbles to it.

For the sauce

1.       Heat a non stick pan with butter, add crushed garlic and sauté.
2.       Next add maida and sauté for a few minutes or till the raw smell disappears.
3.       Now slowly add the milk while whisking continuously, so that no lumps are formed. Let this cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or till the sauce starts boiling.
4.       Next add in one cube of grated cheese and mix well. Now add the chilli flakes, oregano and pepper powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
5.       Now add the cooked pasta and corn. Mix well without breaking the pasta.
6.       Finally, before serving add another cube of grated cheese.
That’s yummy and delicious pasta is ready to dig in.

See my daughter enjoying her yummy pasta!


Note: Adjust seasoning according to taste.

Linking this to Radhika’s Blog Hop.

24 comments:

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

This is lovely recipe. I know how tasty this will be, just by looking at the last picture :)

Aruna Manikandan said...

looks delicious :)

Priya Sreeram said...

thanks kaveri for liking the recipe- your daughter looks very sweet and hey your post is a reminder that even I have to update that recipe with a better pic - one of my very early posts and the clicks are terrible to say the least. Thanks again & Cheers

Raksha said...

Yummy one, will make for my daughter too :)

Radhika said...

Don't you take off the last snap in the name of updating the post with good clicks. Nice to see your daughter's happy smile. That is so cheesy than the pasta itself.

Ongoing Events :Winter Carnival and
Let’s Cook : Mughlai Cuisine

Sumee said...

Looks so cheesy, loved your DD's toothy smiles.. That gives the verdict. :o)

Tina said...

So creamy and yummy...

Priya Suresh said...

Yum yum super delicious pasta, nice to your daughter's beautiful smile..

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Lovely dish and I can make out how delicious it was from the last photo with a beautiful smile.

Simplyfood said...

Lovely and creamy.

Sangeetha M said...

super yummy cheesy pasta, real treat for kids...nice to see you gal n loved her cheesy smile :) cute !!

Julie said...

super yummy pasta..delicious!!
-Ongoing Event- Christmas Delicacy(15Nov-31Dec 2011)

divya said...

Wow.. that looks delicious.!!

Vidhya said...

This sounds and looks like a dish which kids would love and I am sure it tasted great from your daughters expression.

Unknown said...

How cute she is with pasta. :-) I love pasta and this look amazing kaveri.

Harini said...

the kids are sure to love it!

anthony stemke said...

Anyone can enjoy this pasta dish. But cutie pie daughter enjoying it is precious.
Thank You.

Prema said...

wow i always love this combo,hope ur little one enjoyed...pass my hugs to her,very cute...

Nandinis food said...

Nice pasta! Kids would gobble it up!

Unknown said...

that looks delicious! good pick - daughter looks too cute!

Archana said...

Cute pic of your daughter. Yummy recipe too. Thanks need to make it too.

Hosting an event which I am calling Back to our Roots Also hosting for Nov’11 Veggie Food for the Month_Raw Banana. Please do send me your entries.

Unknown said...

Nice pasta..

Ganga Sreekanth said...

Thanks for following my blog dear.... I liked your recipes here.

Amila said...

looks so delicious!!& I love your daughter's expression....seems she enjoyed the dish much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...