What you’ll need
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Urad Dal Flour – 1/8 cup
- Cumin Seeds/Jeera – 1 tsp
- Thick Coconut Milk – ¼ to ½ cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- In a wide bowl, take the rice flour, urad dal flour, cumin seeds, salt and mix well.
- Next add the butter and mix it well.
- Add the coconut milk little at a time and mix well to make a soft and smooth dough, not too lose and not too tight.
- Heat oil for deep frying, take a big orange sized ball of the dough and put it in the murukku press.
- Once the oil is hot, Squeeze into small or big murukku, directly in the oil. Take care while squeezing.
- Fry until on medium heat until all the bubbles stop.
- Drain on to a tissue paper.
- Tasty and flavorful thengai paal murukku is ready.
I used up only about ¼ cup of coconut milk, as my rice flour was freshly made at home and it was kind of wet (eera podi), if you are using store bought flour you may have to use up the ½ cup fully.